Thursday, January 22, 2015

New Year, New Me

Hello!

I hope you have had a nice day.  I just wanted to put together some thoughts about the way entering the year 2015 has been making me feel.  The end of the old year and the beginning of the next always has people making their resolutions to improve themselves for the better.  I am one of the many who make plenty of resolutions and then find them hard to stick to (or even remember!) .  They are usually forgotten about pretty quickly, maybe in as little time as even days in to the month.  Pretty soon I'm absorbed in work problems and general life and you get too far away from the new year to remember those little promises you made to yourself over champagne and fireworks.
This year though I've been feeling differently about the beginning of the year.  Instead of trying to improve on myself this year I've actually been thinking of 2015 as a fresh start.  I've been feeling the urge to clear out my old clothes, spring clean my flat, change my hair colour and generally start afresh.  Instead of feeling like the calender has reached 2015 I feel like the clock has re-set to zero and a new beginning has arrived.
Usually, I would think of September as the fresh start.  Not just a hangover from school days but also because that's when we start back at work after a summer break for the new season.  Yet it is right now that I feel like something magical is in the air, ready to clear out the old and bring in the new.  I think it's a fantastic way to feel about the new year and January in particular.  Normally January's such a dreary month, this year it feels like it's the month for change.  I hope that it's true.  Have you also been feeling like this this year?  I have been making little changes for my fresh start which I hope to blog about soon.

Till next time :)

Twirlybirdie

2 comments:

  1. January is always a great time for a fresh start! Although I'm not into the whole New Years Resolution thing, I do believe the start of the New Year is a great time to change things you might not be so happy about. Keep in touch ;)

    <3

    ican'taffordmylifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so! I haven't been feeling like change was possible for a while so this new feeling gives me some hope. Thank you for your nice message :)

      Delete