Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Yves Saint Laurent Glossy Stain Review

Hello there!  On my travels I found myself wondering the beauty aisles of the airport duty free section.  I almost never purchase anything but after a particularly stressful work related trip I decided it was time to treat myself.
I've actually never bought high end make-up for myself before so it was quite an exciting moment for me to start what I hope will be the beginning of a small collection.  Seeing as one of my favourite purchases recently has been the Topshop Gloss Inks I thought I'd go for the high end version, in this case, the YSL Glossy Stains.
YSL Glossy Stain Review

After testing out multiple shades on the back of my hand I decided to settle for, what I thought, was a very natural shade of red.  Something to give my lips extra colour, but not so bright that I couldn't wear it every day.  My theory was that this would make the purchase more justifiable.  I picked shade no 9 Rouge Laque.
Glossy Stain no 9

I managed to take the two flights home with out breaking open the packaging and it wasn't until the next day when I decided I wanted to wear it to go shopping that I finally tested it out.  Oh boy had I been wrong about the colour!  It was super bright!  A gorgeous shade of eye-popping red nonetheless, it was not the natural every day colour that I had imagined it to be.  I must have majorly smudged out the tiny amount I had tested on my hand.

Luckily I loved it anyway.  The packaging is gorgeous although I have to admit I expected it to feel a little weightier.  I suppose that makes it more handbag portable.  Application was fairly easy with the soft applicator but I did have to make sure I swiped any excess lip gloss off the brush otherwise the stain could get a little difficult to control.  The main question for me was, would it last?  Well about an hour into wearing it my fiancĂ© commented on how it was still really glossy.  It looked great until about an hour after that once I had been eating and drinking.  It was still there but it was a bit patchy.  I imagine that's to be expected though and the majority of the glossy stain was still in place which is quite impressive.
YSL Vernis a Levres

Would I buy this again?  I definitely would love to try out some more shades.  I am put off by the price so would probably wait until I was at the airport again.  If money was no object I reckon I would have about four of these in different shades right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment