Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Sparkly Wedding Head Band/Tiara Easy DIY

As well as the veil appliqués I wrote about yesterday, I also bought a sparkly head band/tiara to play with the idea of maybe wearing one with my veil.  I'm not sure if I want to sew it to the front of the cap, or just tie it around my hair like a head band.  I even tried to tie it so that it fell across my forehead which I thought was quite nice for a bohemian looking style.

I bought this head band in Accessorize.  It was about £6 in the sale so a real bargain.  Originally it was attached to some black elastic to hold it on the head but I cut that off and sewed some cream ribbon on to it either side of it instead.

I picked this headband as I thought it had a bit of a vintage vibe which suits my dress.  It could be worn with the veil or without for some extra sparkle during the reception.  It's been sewn to the ribbon a bit roughly by me so I might sew something on either side to hide the stitching where I've sewn the ribbon together.
I love that this is so simple and pretty, perfect if I just want to have a hint of sparkle on the day.  With a bit of ribbon it was so easy to transform this head band to a wedding worthy hair accessory!

No comments:

Post a Comment