Monday, August 18, 2014

Bourjois Rouge Velvet Edition Matte Finish Lipstick in Framboise

This was the second lipstick I picked up as part of the 3 for 2 offer on at Boots.  I was more interested in the Colour Boost Lipstick I wrote about in the previous post but this one was a pleasant surprise.  I love the colour which is a pink that is bright enough to stand out but certainly not overly bright and it really does have staying power.
It has a soft applicator which is quite easy to use and feels quite creamy when you first apply it.  I would recommend wiping off the excess on the brush before applying as it can pick up a little too much.  Despite the creamy texture the finish is matte.  It is slightly drying after a while I feel like I need to apply some balm on top but I feel that I need to do that normally anyway.
Overall I really like this, maybe even better than the Colour Boost lipstick but as that one has SPF in it and this one doesn't this is my favourite night time lipstick at the moment.  It's staying power makes it a good choice for a night out as you don't have to constantly worry about it having worn off whilst you're enjoying your evening.  If I didn't feel like this was the perfect colour for me I would probably pick up other shades but right now I'm love with this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment