Monday, March 24, 2014

Baking days- Chocolate Marble cupcakes

Hello there!

How are you?  I have had a busy week so I haven't had much time for blogging.  That concluded with a difficult performance yesterday for me which thankfully went OK.  We had some last minute drama (cast change 10 min before curtain up!) but the show went on and all was well.

Something that I have been doing a little more of recently is baking.  I went through a stage where I wasn't in the mood for baking at all and I think it was making a cake for Valentine's day that made me feel like baking again.
I baked a chocolate marble cake recently and because it was so easy to do I decided to do the same thing but making chocolate marble cupcakes instead.  I took a standard cupcake recipe from an M&S cupcake recipe book I own and made the cake mixture as usual.  Then I spooned half the mixture in to cases and added about 2 tbsp of cocoa powder to the mixture that was left in the bowl.  I mixed this in and then spooned the chocolate mixture in to the cases.  I used a toothpick to swirl the two cake mixtures together and then baked as usual.
They turned out really well!

They were really tasty but I fancied adding some chocolate butter cream icing to sweeten them up even more!  Once again I just added some cocoa powder to a basic butter cream recipe.

I was going to try to do some nice piping on the top but had run out of icing bags so had to make do with just splodging it on with a spoon.  It still tasted yummy though and they didn't last long!

I had some icing left over so I made some red velvet cupcakes to use the rest of the icing on.  I took some pictures but forgot to take some of them once they were done so will post those up once I've made another batch.  I'm feeing like baking another cake again soon.  My Mum and sister are coming to visit next weekend so that could be a good excuse to!

I hope your week got off to a good start and that you enjoyed reading this post!

Twilrybirdie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment