Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Valentine's Day Cake

Hello!

How is your week going?  I'm going to visit a chiropractor about my recurring neck pain.  I've never been to one before so that will be interesting!

This weekend I decided I wanted to make a cake for my fiance for Valentine's Day.  I was inspired by this awesome Studio DIY tutorial to make a Love Heart inspired cake.  I went out and bought a heart shaped tin, fiance insisted on the largest version and then I set about putting together a victoria sponge cake mix.


Next time I probably wont use baking paper around the edge of the tin as it made the cake a bit wonky around the edges when it cooked.
I iced it with butter cream icing that I dyed pink.  I bought Haribo letters to write a love message on the cake but I got the most rubbish selection of letters ever so had to improvise a bit, for example using a W as an E.  Please note that this is the first cake I have ever iced and I wasn't going for perfection!

The lighting wasn't great to take photographs as I made this in the evening so I took some photos the next day in daylight.

Well my fiance definitely loved the cake.  He has been eating it non stop so it's a good job the tin was so big!
Till next time!

Twirlybirdie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment