Tuesday, February 18, 2014

My current stage make-up essentials

Hello,

I hope you are having a good start to the week.  I went to the chiropractor yesterday for the first time ever.  I was a bit nervous as I was having my neck done.  It cracked LOADS, it was quite intense and I think I squealed a couple of times after some extremely loud cracks.  I think it did some good though because my neck tension seems to have dispersed quite a lot.  I have four more sessions so am looking forward to seeing how I get on with that.
I thought I'd do a post of some of the make-up products I've been wearing rather frequently for stage.  Some of these products I use for day to day activities too but less intensely.
 I also use different eye shadows and blushers depending on the role but the products here are current stage make-up staples.

The Garnier BB cream in Light would probably surprise a lot of people who perform on stage as traditionally very thick foundation is considered a necessity.  I find if I apply the BB cream with a brush I get enough coverage.  This is fine for me when my skin is quite good.  I use a concealer as well to hide any redness from blemishes and under my eyes but I prefer this to heavy thick foundation which I can't stand and makes my skin itch.
The Art Deco eyebrow powder is good for day or performance use.  I just apply it more heavily for a show than I would during the day.  It is quite a dark powder for me so it shows well on stage.  For normal day wear I just brush it lightly through my brows.  I also set it with a brown eyebrow gel.
The Lumene Rasberry Miracle lip sorbet in Full of Berries is a bright red very highly pigmented rich colour which is why I started using it for the stage.  I feel like the brightness of the colour lifts my face and my otherwise quite pale complexion.
For eye-liner I like to use the Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner in 01 Black.  I originally bought this for normal day use but found it more suited to stage make-up.  Unlike my mornings when I'm in a rush I can take my time to apply it for a performance using the little brush.  It's quite an intense black and is a thick formula which lasts well making it good for the stage.
We can get our make-up done by great make-up artists at the theatre but I really enjoy doing it myself and using my own products.  I'm pretty sure that wearing make-up for performances is at least partly responsible for my obsession with make-up!

Till next time :)

Twirlybirdie

No comments:

Post a Comment