Tuesday, February 4, 2014

January favourites

Hello!

February has arrived, hurrah!  The long dark and lingering month of January has finally abated.  I am already looking forward to spring.  Haha.  Prematurely I know but anyway...
This post is about things which got my through January.
On clearer days the sunrise is still beautiful and has that blue-tinged wintery glow
Candles, candles, candles.  Always scented, they cheer me up and make the dark mornings easier to cope with.  My engagement ring is a no-brainer.  It's too big for my ring finger right now though and I can't wait to get it re-sized so that I can wear it everyday.

My skin went a bit dodge around Christmas time so I went back to using this Garnier Fruit Energy Gel scrub.  My skin is much better now and I really think it's down to this.  I really liked using this but I wanted to try to find something without sodium laureth sulfate in it so had stopped using it for a little while.  Right now it's working so I'll be sticking to it.

I really love the idea of rubbing some fizzy Vitamin C into my skin.  I've been using the Body Shop Vitamin C daily moisturiser religiously for a while and I can't find anything better than it for the price (well actually I got it half-price in the sale).  Paraben-free and SPF 30 makes it a winner.

Honestly I don't know what the Body Shop Vitamin C Skin Reviver does but I've also been reaching for it nearly everyday.  I notice it seems to really protect my skin on those cold wintery days when it's been reaching -15 or colder.  It sits on the skin and provides a tiny amount of coverage with it's subtle iridescence and it smells yummy.  I definitely feel like it's an extra layer of winter protection that my face is appreciating right now.  I imagine it's sealing in the moisturiser.

At Christmas I treated myself to this Prada Candy perfume and I've been putting it on every single morning before I leave the house.  It's warm, sweet scent is just what I need to combat the blues on winter mornings.

I've been using my Joik Chocolate face mask once a week to help sort out my stressed skin.  It's a lovely way to indulge in 15 minutes of relaxation and after I use it my skin feels matt and soft.

Has anything helped you to beat the January blues?  I'm sure February will bring with it some more favourites to add along side these!

Till next time

Twirlybirdie :)



No comments:

Post a Comment