Wednesday, January 15, 2014

My New Art Deco Eye Shadows

Hello!

How are you?  I hope you are having a good day!  Continuing with the theme of sales shopping I picked up some Art Deco Eye Shadows in the sale recently which were a bargain at 2 euros 90 cents.  I've always fancied having one of their compacts with the magnetic holding strips so you can put in whatever colours you fancy but they were a bit expensive.  Luckily they had one in the sale so I bought it to put my new eye shadows in.
I bought shades 13, 289 and 227.  I have to admit I was a bit disappointed that the box didn't even come with an eye shadow brush.  I was also fooled by the blurb on the back which stated that it was for 'eye shadows and blusher of your choice'.  So I assumed I could fit eye shadows and a blusher in there so that there would be two compartments.  That was not the case you can use this for eye shadows or for blusher so it's a good job I decided not to buy a blusher then as well!
The colours seem quite richly pigmented apart from the purple-pink one which takes a little work but is subtle and pretty, perfect for me for work.
I'm thinking of taking the pink shade out of the palette and replacing it with my Art Deco eye brow shadow so that I have a nice palette of browns.  The palette is quite light which is nice as it will be comfortable to carry around in my handbag.
I really like the idea of having a compact like this where you can choose your own content.  The refillable magnet system is really clever.
Have you tried any Art Deco things before?

Till next time

Twirlybirdie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment