Friday, January 24, 2014

Hair tales

Hi there!

How are you?  I've been busy performing and resting the past few days so I haven't been blogging much.  When I last posted about what I had been using on my hair it was all about hair repair.  I'd been investing in masks and oils to try to help my over long straggly hair which was always breaking like crazy.
Just before Christmas I got my hair cut and told the hairdresser to cut off as much as she felt it needed to be healthy.  A lot was cut.  The difference though was amazing!  My hair felt so much healthier, soft and strong.  Since then I haven't even been feeling like I needed to use any products other than shampoo and conditioner.
Before it was cut I bought the Macadamia Natural Oil No Tangle Styler Brush.  I've been wanting to try one of these Tangle teaser style brushes for ages and this one came with a few Macadamia product samples which I also really wanted to test out.  I only used it a couple of times before I got my hair cut but I definitely felt it was better for my distressed hair than my normal brush.


One of the samples that came with it was this Healing Oil Treatment which I don't really feel my hair needs now but I've used a couple of times after washing anyway.  It smells nice and my hair feels soft.  I'd have to test it out when my hair is feeling more damaged though to know how effective it really is as a healing treatment!  I also received the deep repair hair mask as a sample but haven't tried it out yet.

It's got really really cold here, minus 24 degrees celcius this morning! Brrrr.  My neck has begun to seize up accordingly.  Right now I've got a wheat pack around it which one of my dancing partners recommended I should try to do more often even when it's not stiff.  I've only ever used it before as a treatment, not as a preventative measure but it seems like a really good idea.  I've got it on before my neck gets really bad and it seems to be helping!
Till next time :)

Twirlybirdie

2 comments:

  1. I highly recommend the pro naturals argan oil, it is incredibly amazing on the hair

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I will have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete