Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Tea time

Hello!

it's been a little while.  I've been quite busy moving and getting this years production of the Nutcracker underway at work.  I thought I would write a little post about my current favourite teas.

I've been drinking rosehip tea since I was given some at work because it was high in vitamin C.    Apparently it's quite good for warding off colds so now is the perfect time to be drinking it.  I love drinking coffee and normal English breakfast tea but I find that caffeine really affects me so I have to stop drinking anything caffeinated after about 4pm....did I mention that this tea is a deep pink colour too!!

Yay!  Pink tea in my favourite mug.  I know it says coffee but you know, I don't have a tea one yet!  You can brew this tea for 3-5 minutes and I tend to brew it for less time because otherwise it has a bit too much bite for me.

The other tea I've been enjoying recently is this gunpowder tea
This is a form of green tea that I've been trying.  It's still a bit caffeinated so I tend to stick to drinking this earlier in the day but it makes a nice lighter change from my usual black tea with milk.  Also I'm always reading that green tea is supposed to be really good for your health because it contains strong anti-oxidants.  I usually brew it for about 2 minutes or I find the taste becomes too bitter.

What about you.  Are there any particular teas you're enjoying lately?  I've done a bit of naughty shopping this past weekend so I'll be hopefully getting some more posts up of those items soon!

Till next time

Twirlybirdie :)
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment