Thursday, December 5, 2013

Clinique High Impact Lashes gift set review

Hi there!

I hope your week is going well.  There has been such little sunlight around here recently that apart from taking vitamin D I've also started hoarding body and beauty products as if they contained the suns rays themselves.  One such item which I bought on a massive whim (so unlike me, normally I ponder over purchases for weeks!) was the Clinique High Impact Lashes gift set.
 To be fair I had been wanting to buy a new mascara for weeks already.  I've lost my The Balm one somewhere during the move (grrrr...) and my Bourjois one was starting to dry up a bit.  I was planning on trying out a L'oreal one as I keep reading that the Telescopic one is meant to be popular but when I realised I could get this Clinique set for the same price as the mascara on it's own I purchased on straight away!
The set contains the Clinique High Impact Mascara, a Clinique Cream Shaper for eyes in Black Diamond, and a small sample of the all about eyes serum.
Also contained is a little mini see through make-up bag in shades of neon pink and orange.  Not my favourite shades but it's not what I purchased this for anyway.  It is currently storing small change and making itself useful!
For some reason I was expecting the brush to be a bit thicker because I thought it was the same as a sample size Clinique mascara I own from a set.  Maybe I'm confused, I'll have to check it later.
So how was the mascara?  It's different from what I expected as I seem to get more length from this mascara wand than thickness on my lashes.  The formula seems quite wet compared to the Bourjois one I've been using so I have to be careful not to push down on the lashes with an eyeliner pencil or anything until it's dried.  I feel like after quite a few strokes I end up with quite doll-like looking lashes but with still quite a natural feel.  I really like this effect.

The cream shaper for eyes is quite a soft liner in more of a grey/black than black black.  It is quite creamy and it has some subtle shimmer particles in it which I personally like.  If you want to smudge your eyeliner for a softer look I can imagine this would be quite smudge-able.  Because it's quite a soft formula it applies really easily to the water line.
In this picture I'm wearing both the eyeliner and mascara.


I need to use the eye serum a bit more before I review it.  Also I'm getting quite sleepy so I think that post can wait for another day.
Don't forget to follow this blog using one of the options in the right hand column for future reviews of my purchases!
Ultimately I'm glad I bought this gift set as I think I'll get a lot of use from these products!
Till next time

Twirlybirdie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment