Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Life lately: Reading and writing

Hello!

Autumn is well and truly upon us and I am trying to adjust accordingly.  I try not to let the overcast weather get me down too much by distracting myself with the cosier things in my life.  It's nice to be snuggled up in my apartment and finally make use of all the crafty bits and bobs I buy myself and then neglect for too long.  In summer I'm obsessed with being outside.  If it's sunny I have to be outside and can't stand been cooped up indoors so I suppose now is time to enjoy life indoors!

I wanted to share this super cute 5 year diary my boyfriend bought me about a month ago.  I've been staring at them in the bookshop for absolutely ages but because I knew I could get one much cheaper back in England I never bought it.  Well I think he had had enough of me staring at them and one day he came in to work with one as a surprise gift!

The cover design and inside is just gorgeous.  The edges of the pages are lined with gold.




You answer a different question that is at the top of each page for every day of the year, for 5 years, and see how your ideas change over the time. 


I've enjoyed writing in it even more than I thought I would!  I think it would make a great gift.  They are produced by a company called Potter Style and I think you can buy them on Amazon in the UK.

Today I've been suffering from really bad stomach cramps so my lovely boyfriend bought me Vogue to read when he went to do the food shopping.  Another surprise gift!  I know I'm a very lucky girl :)


The horrible weather is another great excuse to cosy up with a magazine. There's even ballet on the cover!

Here's a peak at my knitting too.  I'm trying to knit a cosy throw for winter.  I have a feeling it's going to take me a long time though!  I'm knitting with mohair wool which feels luxurious!  I have to knit 2 then pearl 2 and I keep losing track of where I am!


What do you do to feel cosy when the weather gets colder?

Until next time, stay cosy :)

Twirlybirdie

No comments:

Post a Comment