Monday, September 9, 2013

Sundays are for Baking

Hello!  Did you have a good Sunday?

It was a really lovely day here.  We went to some shops out of town to try to get some things for our kitchen.  I had so many things to carry home though that I wisely didn't take my camera there with me.  The morning and evening I spent baking!

I had been waiting all week to make these biscuits which I've made a couple of times before.  They feel slightly healthier than normal cookies because of the oats (though I'm sure the butter and sugar more than make up for them!).  Either way they're delicious.




You can find the recipe here at the BBC Good Food website.  Hurry as the recipe is only going to be up until September 30th!


Before baking....


...and after!  They only take 10 minutes in the oven.  Quick to make and quickly gone in to my stomach too!

In the evening I decided that I wanted to use up the ripe bananas we had in our kitchen so I found a quick and easy recipe for banana bread!


 I bought a new loaf tin specially for it.  It worked really well!  It was one of those fancy new rubber variates.  I was impressed with it, it was really easy to use.




It is another good food recipe, this one here. 

I love the good food website, there are so many recipes up there!  I cooked the banana bread a little bit longer than stated in the recipe as I read the comments below the recipe and that's what most of them said to do.  The smell whilst it was cooking was delicious!  It tasted yummy too.

So it was quite a productive Sunday.  I hope my Monday will be equally as productive though I feel like I need to recover from eating too many biscuits and cakes!  Is Sunday a good baking day for you too?

I need to pop out to the shops now, I really want to go and find a blender so I can make my own smoothies.

till next time

Twirlybirdie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment