Wednesday, February 6, 2013

The Body Shop Rainforest Shine Shampoo review

Like most of my skin my scalp can sometimes be sensitive to certain shampoos.  It's really hit and miss as most shampoos are absolutely fine and then suddenly after maybe even years I'll try a new one and find that it's irritating.  I recently had just such a problem with a shampoo from a more expensive brand that I decided to treat myself too (!) so decided to try out a shampoo that has as natural sounding ingredients as possible.  This Body Shop Rainforest Shine Shampoo sounded just the ticket with it's ingredients containing no parabens, sulphates, silicones or collorants.

I'd used sulphate free shampoo before and found it really difficult to get out of my hair.  I also found it doesn't lather up well and I end up needing to use quite a lot of it as I have long hair.  I decided that my scalp needing some time off from any unnatural ingredients though so decided to give this shampoo a try.

The instructions say you should add a few drops of water and lather it up in your palm before you apply to your hair.  I did this but I still needed to use quite a lot of it to cover all my hair and I paid special attention to rinsing it all out.  After using it a few times I would say that I still struggle to get it all out of my hair.  Even if I feel like I'm rinsing it under the shower for five minutes I can still feel it on some of the roots when it's dried.  The rest of the hair does seem really nice, healthy and shiny though so I plan to persevere with it and maybe turn the shower up to it's highest setting to try and make sure I get it all out!  I've found that adding a small amount of shampoo with a sulphate in it helps to get it to lather up and rinse out.   Then I don't have to use so much of the natural shampoo which is good as it is expensive.

All in all I think it's worth trying but bear in mind that you have to try a lot harder to get it all out of your hair than with your average shampoo.  If you can manage this you just might love it!



2 comments: